Sunday, April 10, 2011

I don't like Eric Roberts

This morning I was watching one of those Biography features on Nancy McKeon. (sometimes this sort of thing happens on sunday morning. there is no explaining.) I learned a lot of 'facts of life' that come in handy when playing 80's Trivial Pursuit. Such as, Nancy McKeon dated Michael J. Fox!!!! Oh wait... I knew that. Oh, well, I also discovered that Nancy McKeon did a buttload of Lifetime original movies!!! Oh wait, I knew that too.

Ok, so I wasn't exactly discovering anything new and I was just about to abort mission when that crazy Eric Roberts popped up on the screen.


What the heck does he have to do with Nancy McKeon? (a quick glance to wikipedia shows that this dude did a LOT of movies and tv work and yet I can't, for the life of me, think of a single role I remember him in. ha! suck it eric roberts). I was all in a tizzy because how dare the esteemed producers of a Biography special overlook Tootie in favor of Eric Roberts! But just as I was about to put pen to paper and whip off a complaint letter, Eric Roberts said this....

"These kinds of interviews, you have to be careful with what you say because everyone always overstates it 'oh she's the best actress...' you can get lost in that crap.
Nancy McKewon is a remarkable actress. Now, what do I say to make you know what I mean? (dramatic pause)
I think I'm a remarkable actor.... I think she's just as good as I am on my best day."





No comments: